Sparky is fast, lightweight and fully customizable OS which offers a few versions for different users and different tasks, such as:
• fully featured OS with a lightweight desktop environment, which works out of the box and contain a selection of pré installed common use software for home users;
• MinimalGUI with Openbox window manager preinstalled only with basic software installed for users whose want to configure their OS/desktop as they want, on the top of Debian + any desktop environment or window manager they like;
• 3 Special Editions for different tasks:
* GameOver for gamers (Xfce);
* Multimedia for audio, video and html pages creating (Xfce);
* Rescue for fixing broken OS or so (Openbox);
• MinimalCLI with no X server – for last, but not less important in any way, for advanced users whose want to build and configure their desktops in own way;
Main features of Sparky
* Debian based
* stable or (semi-)rolling release
* lightweight, fast & simple
* your favorite desktops to choose
* special editions: GameOver, Multimedia & Rescue
* CLI Edition (no X) for building customized desktop
* most wireless and mobile network cards supported
* set of selected applications, multimedia codecs and plugins
* own repository with a large set of additional applications
* easy hard drive / USB installation
Sparky supports about 20 desktop environments and window managers giving you freedom of choice, having in mind that your computer is made for working, having fun, entertainment, keeping in touch with friends, and many, many other things.
Sparky “stable flavor” is the best choice to change your existing, other operating system and try a GNU/Linux distribution without need of installation and changing your computer partition table.
Sparky “rolling (testing) flavor” is targeted to more advanced users, whose don’t afraid of a little less stable version of applications, and want to work with/on latest version of offered the software.
In general, Sparky is not targeted to Linux beginners, rather to users with some amount of Linux knowledge.
CPU i486 / amd64
256MB RAM – LXDE, e17, Openbox, GameOver
384MB RAM – MATE, Razor-Qt
128MB RAM – CLI Edition
512MB SWAP partition or bigger
5GB of hard drive or flash USB drive for installation – 10GB recommended
20GB of hard drive or flash USB drive for installation – 30GB recommended (GameOver)
2GB of hard drive or flash USB stick for installation (CLI edition)
an optical drive or USB port